Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thai Peanut Chicken Pizza

I got this recipe from my cousin Jenny, and it's been a hit ever since.

I start off by cutting up 1lb of chicken breasts into very small pieces, about 1/2 inch or so. I cook over high heat with a 1/4 cup of zesty italian salad dressing. Cooking until all the liquid is gone and the chicken pieces are just coated with the dressing.
Next I chop half a bag of bean sprouts-about 1 cup chopped, and one bunch of cilantro, chopped coarsly.

I heat the oven to just over 400, I have a gas oven so it might vary a little with electric.


Now you can make your own peanut sauce or just buy it. I used Lee Ann Chin's peanut sauce but that was because my husband couldn't find Peanut Satay at the store and brought this home. The satay is definately better because it's thicker but either will do. Once you spread on a layer, put it in the oven for about 5-7 minutes so some of the liquid from the sauce evaporated and the premade crust (I use Boboli) is hot.
Add the toppings-chicken, bean sprouts, cilantro, and a couple cups of shredded pizza cheese. For a little extra flare you can sprinkle chopped peanuts.

Bake until the cheese is just starting to brown and let cook for about 10 minutes before slicing. If you cut too soon the sauce will run. Enjoy!


Variation:For a little something different with the same taste try it on a bagel!

No comments:

Post a Comment