Monday, February 25, 2008

Avocado Ranch Sandwich

This sandwich is a great little meal all of it's own.

You will need?
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup lighthouse ranch dressing (found in the refridgerated produce section)
Morning Star bacon strips
bread of your choice
lettuce
sliced deli style turkey breast

I like to use Lighthouse homestyle ranch, just has a nice flavor. I'm generally not a ranch person but this goes nicely as a spread. Definately have a really ripe avocado.

After peeling and pitting the avocado fork it in a dish until fairly smooth, or to the texture of your liking, I like a little chunk.
Add about 1/4 cup of the ranch and mix until well blended.

I use Morning Star fake bacon for this. You can use real bacon, I just happen to like the taste of this faux better :)

While the bacon is cooking I toast some Cottage bread. I prefer a dark rye but this is what I happened to have on hand, it works.
Just brown the fake bacon, if you over cook it, it turns into something similar to construction paper, and tasted about the same.

When the toast is ready, spread avocado ranch mix on both slices.
Add bacon and lettuce. I also added some mesquite deli turkey. I was out of tomato (I really need to get to the market).
And the finished product! Served with some leftover crab salad (recipe for another day).

No comments:

Post a Comment